Our main problem is that we think we are not part of the rest of the functioning, loving, interconnected world. That’s what we need to deal with.
Mind Full of Everything is back from hiatus with this conversation on lessons learned from animal spirituality with Dr Linda Bender, an advocate and educator of animal rights protection and reconnecting conventional science to spiritualism. In this episode, Agrita and Linda discuss prominent issues associated to animal rights violations but also emphasise on the need for humans to reconnect to their spiritual selves in order to begin to value their connections to every being and entity on this planet. By unlearning colonial teachings of human dominion over nature, we can actively relearn indigenous teachings on interconnectivity of all beings to help create a safer space for everyone.
- Linda’s journey of animal advocacy
- Beginning of commodification of animals and human dominance over other species
- Importance of reconnecting to spirituality to respect all forms of life
- Helping communities in developing regions understand need for living in harmony with other species
- Ease of helping children understand animal rights relative to adults
- Relearning environmentalism through indigenous knowledge
- Discussion on the overall negative impact of zoos on animal and children mental health
- Linda’s pet therapy programme and the benefits of animals in all human-dominated spaces
Linda’s website: https://lindabender.org
Linda’s professional Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lindabenderdvm/
Linda’s book: https://lindabender.org/animal-wisdom
Thanks for listening!
If you enjoyed the episode, subscribe to the podcast on your favourite app and follow my social pages to stay connected. Subscribe to the newsletter below to make sure you don’t miss out on anything.
Support Mind Full of Everything by giving a rating HERE – your reviews will be shared on my socials or read on air!
You can now buy my 100% recycled acrylic pin badges, an eco-friendly alternative to enamel badges! All funds will help in running Mind Full of Everything longer.