There’s so much pollution in the air now that if it weren’t for our lungs there’d be no place to put it all.– Robert Orben
NOTE: please listen to my previous episode, Climate Change Should Be Our Priority, before listening to this one as both are part of a series.
Whenever we mention climate change, air pollution is almost instantly discussed about. We constantly are worrying about our carbon dioxide emissions, but is it really the worst greenhouse gas out there?
We all know about the large emissions land transport release, and we can easily avoid this by cycling or walking but what about planes? Aircraft is essential for connecting the world but how damaging is it for the environment and can we really reduce our emissions whilst still using them?
Listen to my episode, Air Pollution and Climate Change (pt. 2.1), which discusses the first reason why I believe climate change should be our priority: addressing climate change will tackle our issue of pollution which affects all of society and contributes to climate change.
What I will cover in this episode:
- Discussion of carbon dioxide’s potency
- Run-through of ways you can reduce your own carbon emissions
- Brief insight to methane emission reduction solutions
- Thorough discussion on airplane emissions and what you can do to reduce your flight emissions
- Solutions to greenhouse gas emissions: https://www.epa.gov/ghgemissions/overview-greenhouse-gases
- Explaining methane’s potency: https://www.edf.org/climate/methane-other-important-greenhouse-gas
- EU and aviation emissions: https://ec.europa.eu/clima/policies/transport/aviation_en
- BBC article on easyJet’s low emissions: http://- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-47460958
- NY article on reducing own airplane emissions: http://- https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/climate/airplane-pollution-global-warming.html
- Airlines that offset carbon emissions: https://www.conserve-energy-future.com/airlines-that-offer-carbon-offset-programs.php
- Offsetting disadvantages: https://theconversation.com/carbon-offsets-can-do-more-environmental-harm-than-good-26593
Subscribe to my newsletter HERE !
Thanks for listening!
Thanks for joining me on today’s episode of the Mind Full of Everything’s podcast! If you enjoyed the episode, hit the subscribe button on your podcast app of choice to stay updated on episode releases. Remember to subscribe to my newsletter to receive episode information instantly to your mail inbox. Please also feel free to write reviews on iTunes, and connect with me on Twitter and Instagram to get extra goodness in your feed!